Trail Mix is super easy and high in healthy fats and protein.
How to make Trail Mix:
- Go to the section of your grocery store where they have those bins full of treats.
- Grab a variety of nuts of your choice
- Grab a scoop of M&M's (mine are homemade--they're SLIGHTLY healthier) or sweet treat of your choice (sometimes I get Reese's Pieces or mini homemade peanut butter cups). WARNING: To ensure that you're trail mix is does more good than harm to your body, diet, etc., limit the amount of this item in the overall recipe/mix.
- Grab a big ol' scoop of raisins or craisins or whatever dried fruit your heart desires.
- Anddd lastly, mix all those ingredients together.
Trail Mix is a great alternative to the granola bar (what the heck sticks those things together anyway?--lots of unneeded sugar). Anyway, Trail Mix is delicious and easy for "on the go" and for pre/post-workouts. Enjoy!